AdvantageBC is a non-profit Society, established in 1986, with a mandate to promote British Columbia as a favourable location for international business
The AdvantageBC International Business Centre · Vancouver (formerly the International Financial Centre British Columbia (IFC BC)) promotes British Columbia as a location for investment and encourages corporations to take advantage of the favourable tax treatment available under the International Business Activity Act (IBAA).
- The IBAA provides the legislative framework for the tax incentive program, which offers corporations registered in the program a full refund on provincial income taxes (75% for patent income to a maximum of $8 million). Employees who work for those companies are eligible for a tax incentive as well.
- Most core members of AdvantageBC are registrants in the IBA Program. Associate members represent the infrastructure of the business community.
AdvantageBC acts as an information source for members inquiring about the International Business Activity (IBA) program and offers its members a forum for meeting other members and communicating about international business through hosted events.
- In addition to bringing new companies into the province, AdvantageBC serves its members through:
- Promoting the province by raising the profile of British Columbia as a location for investment. Increased membership benefits all members and strengthens the economy of British Columbia as a whole.
- Acting as a liaison with British Columbia on behalf of members. This includes addressing issues of interest regarding the legislation governing the tax incentive program and assisting members with matters concerning the International Business Activity Act (IBAA).
- Disseminating information to members on changes to the International Business Activity Act (IBAA) and hosting meetings, seminars, and conferences to communicate relevant information.
- Building links with higher-level educational institutions to communicate the competitive advantages of doing business in British Columbia
Return to top of page